My interests lie in exploring and unravelling the positive interactions at the intersection of science, nature and society. I am fascinated by grasslands - semi-arid, flood plain and montane, and the unique lives of the many plants and animals that are found in these fast shrinking habitats.
Projects Involved: Shola Grassland Restoration
- Karnad, D. Arvind, D.G., Krishna, Y.C. Understanding seafood consumption to produce sustainable fisheries. Geoforum. (under revision)
- Krishna, Y.C., Kumar, A & Isvaran, K. 2016. Wild ungulate decision-making and the role of tiny refuges in human-dominated landscapes. PLOS ONE. 11(3): e0151748. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0151748.
- Nair, T. & Krishna, Y.C. 2013. Vertebrate fauna of the Chambal River Basin, with emphasis on the National Chambal Sanctuary. Journal of Threatened Taxa. 5 (2): 3620-3641.
- Goswami, V.R., Vasudev, D., Karnad, D., Krishna, Y.C., et al. 2013. Conflict of human- wildlife coexistence. PNAS 110 (2): E108.
- Krishna, Y.C. & Karnad, D. 2010. New records of the Nilgiri Marten Martes gwatkinsii in the Western Ghats. Small Carnivore Conservation. 43: 23-27.
- Krishna, Y.C., Clyne, P., Krishnaswamy, J. & Kumar, N.S. 2009. Distributional and ecological review of the four horned antelope Tetracerus quadricornis. Mammalia. 73 (1): 1-6.
- Krishna, Y.C., Krishnaswamy, J. & Kumar, N.S. 2008. Habitat factors affecting site occupancy and relative abundance of four horned antelope. Journal of Zoology. 276 (1): 63-70.